Monday 24 August 2009

Experiments

Well, I spent an hour (or two!) working on some new recipes. I made the base ingredients in separate bowls and experimented mixing them together.



The green stuff is:

100g spinach
1/2 avocado
1 tbsp almond butter
1-2 tbsp lemon juice

Put all in the food processor and pulse slowly. It was so so creamy and delicious and lovely on it's own as a side. I think mixed with cauliflower and buckwheat and it will make a super filling salad or accompaniment. A lot of things I've been making recently seem to work better as accompaniments than eating loads of it for a main meal.

I tried the same thing again with 150g spinach and adding garlic, but then you could taste the bitter edge on the spinach which I didn't want and the garlic just made it too different... but it could be a good base for the Sag Paneer if I add onion too... So anyway lots of ideas which I won't bore you with til I have the final recipes. (Recording them more for my own benefit than anyone elses!)

Plus I had some photography fun




Plus I am going to Wales on Thursday for the raw retreat! I am getting really excited now. I really need some new ideas as well because I feel like I'm a bit stuck with all the same ingredients at the moment ...

Also I didn't go running tonight ... the excuse was I felt exhausted still from a night out on Saturday, and the head ache, and the wanting to have time to experiment in the kitchen and not get to bed late... excuses excuses...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x