Friday 6 November 2009

Return to the blog

So much has been going on with me and raw food and I just haven't been blogging! It has made me realise how much of my life is based on habit - I have got out of the habit of writing entries and I really want to get back into it!! So here goes.

Last time I wrote, I said that I was being tempted back towards cooked food. My intake of it has certainly increased, but in a way I am comfortable with. Typical day now is large green juice followed by a bowl of sunflower seeds, avocado and hemp seeds, salad of some description for lunch, quite often have a bowl of porridge with cacao powder in it in the afternoon, raw veg meal in the evening usually with avocado, followed by a large bowl of porridge with banana or cacao powder before bed. I do find the oats very comforting before bed and they don't make me feel sluggish in the afternoon either. Am eating far fewer sprouts now too and hardly any fruit and no raisins. This way I don't get any symptoms, even when I have acidic food including tamari, miso, apple cider vinegar and tomatoes. It is definitely the fruit that is the problem.

I have been thinking about the reasons why I want cooked food. One is for comfort and warmth - I tend to eat porridge when I am already feeling sleepy, (and it tends to keep me in this state.) Another reason is to feel fuller, as I have been eating far fewer sprouted seeds and legumes. I have also had rice and vegan dahl at my parents' house a few times recently. This is definitely an emotional desire to share dinner with my family. I haven't found that cooked food has stifled my emotions as is so frequently written about on the raw scene; rather, this return to more cooked has coincided with being more aware of my emotions now than ever. I am so much happier now than I used to be and like to express this too, telling people, especially those who have helped me get to where I am. I am pretty high on gratitude at the moment and it feels fantastic!! Am also grateful to the people who told me moving out would be a bad idea, using my diet as part of the reason, saying I was so well set up as I was and it wouldn't work in shared kitchen with cooked meat eaters! On the contrary, in the new house it is not a problem at all. I am grateful to these people because it has increased my trust in my own convictions.

I have noticed that my concentration and focus hasn't been great recently and I wonder if this is part of the cumulative effect of raw food on my consciousness. (I have been getting the angel card 'focus' frequently too.) I am not so worried about how things turn out anymore, and increasingly want to just live in the moment. I have started taking B12 supplements in case this has anything to do with it.

Not come up with any more recipes recently but my favourite thing to whip up is still lentil pate! Sprouted lentils, half an avocado (optional) lemon juice, garlic (optional) half a red or white onion, olive oil and tamari, small tomato (optional). Magic with carrot sticks.

So all in all pretty positive still! It's like raw food is such a normal part of my life now that I can put the extra energy and love it gives me back into other areas of my life, rather than purely back into raw food as an end in itself. (I am absolutely loving my teaching course and can't wait to start my first placement on Monday!!) In sum, this is probably why I haven't been blogging so much. Now I have made this realisation, I realise I would like to blog again so I can continue documenting my journey in the hope that it will inspire others!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x