Wednesday 12 August 2009

".... Salad"

Well I seem to be eating the same thing all the time so I decided it was time to try something different. I came up with a new salad - ok it still has much the same ingredients as I keep eating, but it is still different!! At least it is another way to get my broccoli in me. The quantities aren't very accurate yet, most of my recipes start out that way, but I am working on it. (It doesn't have a name yet either, but I am working on that too!)

In the food processor, carefully process into quite small but not too small pieces:
Broccoli
Spinach
1 large tomato

Then process a small onion separately and add that in

Fro the dressing, with a hand blender, blend
1 tbsp almond butter
1/2 tsp brown rice miso
1 whole tomato
lemon juice
a tiny bit of agave if desired

Mix together with a bit of buckwheat. The appearance and mouth feel reminds me a bit of that russian salad with egg and beetroot ... I think the buckwheat gives it the density you would get from the egg. Hhmm will try it with beetroot next time (not egg obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x