Friday 31 July 2009

Simple salads

My mum is famous for her carrot salad, finely grated using the right blade in the food processor, with a jar-shaken mayonaise and olive-oil dressing. (One day I will try and re-create a raw vegan version of this dressing.) Last night she used beetroot and a little bit of corriander. I tried adding arame seaweed and it looked like this

To go with it, I made a new, really filling green salad with romaine lettuce and sprouted sunflower seeds. For the dressing, I used 1/2 an avocado, 1 tsp almond butter, the water and seeds from the inside of 1 tomato, and a bit of hemp oil, all thoroughly mixed with one of those mini egg beater things.

It was very rich, but I thought it was good and I ended up with a pretty good looking supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x