Friday 24 July 2009

Friends, jogging and sprouts

Since I have not been blogging so much over the last couple of weeks, this has led me to think about what my blog is really about. I have decided it's about recording my raw food journey and whatever I feel about raw food at the time! This can change at any time so really not having 'an agenda' for the blog seems the most natural thing. It's about so many things: getting down thoughts, ideas, noting trends in my raw food habits; it is a way of recording any new recipes, but most of all, whatever the content is, just by writing it is what keeps me positively focussed and feeling good about what I am doing! And that is the most important thing, because it allows me to keep sharing.

I have taken up jogging and spent a lot of time with friends over the last couple of weeks, both of which I have wanted to do for a long time, so I'm really glad it is happening now! I went jogging last night and was really please with how I did!! Am still working my way through 'The pH Miracle' and am managing to mostly stick to it which is good. Still having a green juice every morning - it is part of my routine now. All the above shows that I can make time to do all the things I want, which is really good to know.

I made Russell's buckwheat bread this week which is amazing. Had some sandwiches which made a really nice change! He is dead right about the tactile aspect of it making eating it more enjoyable. I also made some homous last night to put in sandwiches and open topped sandwiches - yum.




I will be taking the rest of the bread away with me this weekend as I'll be away for three days for my sister's wedding so dehydrated provisions always come in handy!

I am eating a lot of sprouts at the moment, including:
Chick peas in homous,

Lentils in dahl - green ones are my fave as they seem so much more creamy somehow.

Mung beans - always have on hand to make a salad with cucumber, celery, tomato, avocado, basil and spring onions or shallots if you have them, olive oil and lemon juice (instant meal!)

Alfalfa sprouts in my juice (am not enjoying them in salads at the mo)

Buckwheat - so versatile mixed with oats, banana, avocado, oats, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut chips, in any combination.

Tomatoes and lemons - these are going in everything!! According to The pH Miracle, these are actually alkalizing to your body, although they are acidic outside of it. I can go along with that!

So I'm eating a lot of the same at the moment and keeping it really quick and simple, giving me time to eat well and do other things. Am loving it because it is also a lot cheaper. So if you are not already, get sprouting!!

Oh one last thing - I finally brought some olive oil which is organic, unfiltered, cold-pressed and extracted soley-by-mechanical-means! (phew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x