Thursday 30 July 2009

Avocado and Wakame Salad

I ate a version of this for lunch every single day when I started going raw last summer, and continued with it into winter, until I fell off the wagon a bit in about November when I was in hospital with a water infection. However, the habit of green salad was ingrained by this point and I always come back to it. I used to just put all my new found raw superfoods on there - spirulina, maca, purple corn, hemp seed, flax seed - everything. Now I prefer it a bit simpler.

1/3 head of romaine lettuce, cut into medium sized pieces.
4 strips of wakame seaweed, soaked for 15-20 minutes and roughly sliced.
3 inches of cucumber, sliced not too thickly and cubed.
1/2 an avocado, cubed
sprinkle of purple corn
sprinkle of hemp seeds

For the dressing, you could use hemp-miso-lemon-agave dressing. If you use this you might want to leave out the avocado. Or for a lighter option use olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Lighter still use just vinegar or lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x