Sunday 14 June 2009

Observations

I need to record my of my observations about what's been happening to me since going raw, as they all came flooding into my head yesterday. I also realised that there are quite a lot of other factors which make it impossible to tell just how much raw food is the cause, but here I go.

I believe raw food has sparked off an emotional detox for me - a lot of issues have really come to the surface, making me realise there are things about myself, my life and my surroundings that I would like to change. If I knew these things already, since going raw I've come to realise why I would like to change these things, what I would like to change them for, and what I would like to replace them with. My job is an example. The first stage of this process was thinking that I needed to change so that I could make my job work for me, but I now realise that this is not going to work. I need to focus on what I want and let it come to me, rather than trying to find it somewhere where it is not.

Changes are in sight on the job front as well - I am starting teacher training in September. I am feeling positive about this and really want to start visualizing a great experience and transferring any good feelings I have about it on to other things, like I do with raw food. And then find more things to be positive and feel good about, so the good feeling just keeps growing and growing and spreading out into everything.

These ideas are coming from a book I am reading, which was recommended by Russell James, The Raw Chef, on his blog. It is called ‘Ask and it is Given: Learning to Manifest the Law of Attraction’ by Esther and Jerry Hicks. They recommend the technique of putting images of things you want into a box and looking at them every day. It is an amazing book and I completely recommend it to anyone. I have been telling people that you read it and it just makes perfect sense. It raises questions in your mind and then answers them a few pages later. And, better still, I am only just over half way through and I practiced one of the techniques the other day when I was driving home from work and it actually worked, and it blew me away.

The other thing I am going to do is make a list of all the things I have to be grateful about. As they say that appreciation is the best thing you can feel to attract all the good things you desire into your life.

So going raw has led me to reading books like this, which I don’t think is a coincidence, I really believe I am eating foods which make me feel connected – I have already said it connects me to a happy source – so it was inevitable that I would find out more about how this process works, as I had in fact already experienced it. Now it all makes perfect sense.

It occurred to me that this emotional detox is also coinciding with me coming off the pill, which may be wreaking havoc with my hormones until they settle down again. A friend also told me yesterday that women’s hormones change at around my age (22) as well, so this could also be a factor! Either way, raw has definitely brought more spirituality into my life which will help me make sense of all these changes.

Another observation is that I am craving a lot of fruit at the moment. I am enjoying it, but it is bringing up symptoms of something I had a while ago, which I don’t want. I also read that this symptom can be the result of a lack of beta-carotene, which is interesting as I am craving carrots at the moment. So it’s like I have two eating habits which are in conflict. I am making an effort not to eat too much fruit today so we’ll see what happens.

Neither have I been eating much green leafy veg at the moment. I think a kale salad might be in order.

Final observation is that my energy levels are completely constant all the time. I wouldn’t say they are particularly high, but I have plenty of energy. If I need to stay up late to get done everything I need to do, I can do it easily, and still get up early in the morning if I need to, and not be tired.

I’m on holiday this week so will be spending some time working on some recipes and adding them to the blog. Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x