Sunday 28 June 2009

My first proper green juice!!




I said I was going to juice so that's what I did. Put all things green I could find in it, including a whole romaine lettuce, a green pepper, a bit of chard from my plant!! a stick of celery, half a cucumber, mung bean and aduki been sprouts and some sunflower seed sprouts!! This made about 600ml, and it tasted much better than I thought it would! In fact, it tasted rather nice and I enjoyed it!!!!! Unfortunately I am having trouble uploading photos today, but you can take my word for it - it looks like pond water, but don't let that put you off!! (TIP - if you refrigerate any remaining juice and come back to it 8 hours later, it does not taste very nice - room temperature surprisingly seems to be best)

So I had that about 10.30am and to be honest with you I was hungry until 3pm when I ate some raw dahl (see the 'recipes' entries) so lots of lovely lentil sprouts there, and a load of celery. So I actually fasted for 24hours apart from this green juice as I didn't eat anything after about 2pm yesterday. I never thought I'd be able to do that, but I can! After that I wasn't really hungry at all but for dinner I had a medium green salad, followed by a decent bowl of oats, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds and cacao nibs, as I don't want my weight to drop. But I haven't had any sugar today, yay!

I have decided to do a 7 day green juice fast at the end of August when I have some time off work. By that time I should have grown some wheatgrass and can do it properly. Right now though it's going to be the week of the sprouts. I have got loads of alfalfa and mung beans on the go. Mung beans sprout so fast which is great.

Finally, my parents friends brought us some vegetables from their garden - loads of beetroot, a huge lettuce, mange tout and shallots!! Amazing. The lettuce was so impressive I took a picture, of course!


1 comment:

  1. i hope that slowly but surely i will be able to jump on the bandwagon and become a vegitarian and i will continue to read your blog which encourages me to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x