Tuesday 16 June 2009

More excitement

ok, 1. Got the new issue of Get Fresh! magazine in the post!! Can't wait to read that.

2. Went to a supermarket (I know we should support local organic vegetable box schemes but I am working on this - more on this in point 3) and found many many special offers on organic veg, many of which, were cheaper than the non-organic ones! My asking for an abundance of more affordable organic veg is being answered.

3. I have been told by a friend that there is a local farm (like less than 10 miles away!) that delivers organic vegetable boxes. Will investigate further and get on board!

4. I am very pleased to say that today I have not had any cooked food! Apart from olive oil (- again, I am working on this - have found some that is extracted by 'mechanical' means only and I am assuming this means raw - will find out) and possibly goji berries - does anyone know if Linwoods are raw?

Here is a run down of my eating:

10.30 - late breakfast of my usual porridge oats with lots of superfoods
12-1.30 - 2 pears, not at the same time
3pm - mung bean sprouts salad with cucumber, celery, basil, spring onions and 1/2 an avocado. 2 whole carrots
8.30 more of the same mung bean salad. Chocolate-avo pudding, with 1 avocado, 1 banana, 1 tsp cacao powder, 1 tsp carob powder and 1 tbsp agave nectar, sprinkle of goji berries, followed by 1/2 a carob pod!!

I don't think this was completely ideal as I did feel hungry at about 6.30, which then went away again. And I wonder if I ought to consume more than this in a day. But it has made me think about adjusting my eating times. At the moment I think I often don't eat when I am hungry and then do eat when I'm not hungry. I usually eat 4 times a day which seems to work for me.

I also felt I had so much more time today as I didn't gear what I was doing around fixed ideas of meal times; it all seemed to fall naturally into place. This allowed me to easily fit in visiting a friend then going to aerobics - it is feeling easier after just 3 sessions! woohoo.

Looking forward to going out to lunch tomorrow and meeting new people. Instead of being worried there will be nothing on the menu and embarrassment will ensue, I feel completely sure it will all be fine. Will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x