Tuesday 9 June 2009

Raw Dahl

I love dahl. My mum makes an amazing vegan dahl when I am very lucky. It is one of my cooked treats.

This raw version is an adaptation of Kate Magic's dahl recipe from her book 'Raw Living.' I made it and since then I have been experimenting with my own recipe. The raw version tastes absolutely nothing like the cooked version, but is a dish in its own right.

250g puy lentil sprouts
50g sesame seeds (preferably pre-soaked overnight)
1/4 white onion
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp tamari
1/2 tsp cumin
water
juice of 1 lemon


Food process all ingredients together. Take half out and blend in a blender to get it really smooth, adding water to get it moving, but don't make it too runny. Mix both versions back together. Serve with tamari to season and grated cucumber and tomato to garnish.

Serves 2 as a main with a side salad or 4 as a starter.

I am currently working on some more curry dishes to get that luxury of being able to dip into lots of different dishes you get when you go to the curry house and they're all in the middle of the table. I did try to experiment with carrot and corriander the other night but it didn't go quite as I'd hoped ... I've just had a thought that tomato and avocado might work well too as a kind of rogan josh ... hhhm. Watch this space for more curry recipes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x