Tuesday 16 February 2010

Spagetti bolognaise



I just am marvelling at my recent piece of culinary genius, if I do say so myself. I am so proud of myself because I did not follow a recipe for this one! Here's what I did. You'll need a spiralizer for this one. If you dont you can grate the courgette but unfortunately I don't think it will be as good this way!

Serves One:

Ingredients

Noodles

2 1/2 medium courgettes
1 tsp salt

Sauce
3 or 4 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
3 small tomatoes
1 tbsp coconut butter

Pesto
Handful of cashews (soaked for a couple of hours)
Sprinkle of dried or finely chopped basil
1 tsp nutritional yeast

First spiralize the courgette. Place in a bowl and sprinkle evenly with the salt. This will soften it. You can peel the courgette first for aesthetics but I felt this was a waste of chlorophyll!

To make the pesto, grind up the cashews in a coffe grinder or food processor. Add the basil and nutritional yeast.

Melt the coconut butter in a bowl inside a bigger bowl with hot but not boiling water in it.

While that is melting, scoop the out insides of the tomatoes and put to one side. Process gently in a food processor so they are roughly chopped. Add the mushrooms, then add to the coconut butter when it is melted. You can add some of the tomato seeds back in if you like.

Rinse the courgette with warm water. Drain well. Arrange on a place, add the sauce in the middle and sprinkle with pesto.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMAYYY!

    I love experimenting too! Creativity just flows when you just let go and see what you can make with what you have in your kitchen! My name is Amy too! I will definitely be following up on your blog :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and delicious! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! Raw love from Amy x x